Looking for a delicious way to celebrate spring? There’s no better way to learn about unique Virginia wines and tasty dishes than to hear directly from a winemaker or local chef. We’ve collected a special lineup of indulgent, wine-paired dinners and events happening this April.
Many of these events are limited seating, so save your spot and dine in style.
Evening Wine Dinner at Fox Meadow Vineyards
Fox Meadow Vineyards is hosting a five-course, prix fixe dinner by local chef Therese Brown, showcasing Fox Meadow Wines.
Cost is $95 per person. Space is limited and reservations are required.
- First course: Cremini Mushroom-Leek Puff Pastry Napoleon presented with Bacon Cream Sauce & sprinkle of Toasted Hazelnut
- Second course: Arugula, Goat Cheese, Roasted Beets, Braised Fennel & Orange Vinaigrette
- Third course: Prosciutto & Provolone stuffed Flank Steak with Skewer of Smoked New Basil-Pesto Potatoes
- Fourth course: Sundried Tomato-Olive Tapenade Crusted Lamb Loin Chop with Red Wine Rosemary Pan Sauce, Parmesan Polenta & Grilled Asparagus
- Fifth course: Almond-Orange Cake with Fresh Berries & Fox Meadow Sabayon
When: Saturday, April 8 at 6:30 p.m.
Where: 3310 Freezeland Road, Linden, Va. 22642
North Gate Vineyard presents A Vertical Wine Tasting
North Gate Vineyard invites you to an exclusive Merlot and Meritage Vertical Tasting. Owner and winemakers Mark and Vicki Fedor will discuss and serve five vintages of both of these award-winning wines.
Tickets are $40 per person, and light fare is included. Purchase tickets here – they’re expected to sell out soon.
When: Saturday, April 8 from 7 to 10 p.m.
Where: 16031 Hillsboro Road, Purcellville, Va. 20132
Taste Of White Hall Dinner
Celebrate spring at the Taste Of White Hall Dinner. Winemakers from White Hall Vineyards, Stinson Vineyards, and Grace Estate Winery will walk you through a wine and dinner pairing, courtesy of Kitchen Catering.
Reservations are $85 per person and include gratuity and tax. Purchase your tickets here by April 10. (Lent menu options available.)
On the menu
- First course: Beggar’s purse of double cream cheese with rosehip jam, and White Hall Vineyards 2014 Gewurztraminer
- Second course: Lemon and garlic seared scallop over shaved carrot salad with parsley, and Stinson Vineyards 2016 Rosé & Grace Estate Winery 2016 Rosé
- Third course: Braised rabbit with Mediterranean white beans with herbs, red onions and arugula, and White Hall Vineyards 2015 Chardonnay
- Fourth course: Mojo ropa vieja with mufungo (Beef braised in a garlic citrus sauce, served with fried plantain and pork cracklings), and Grace Estate Winery 2015 Petit Manseng & White Hall Vineyards 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fifth course: Lamb kabobs on rosemary skewers with saffron, apricot and currant couscous with charred scallion and cucumber cream, and Stinson Vineyards 2014 Meritage & Grace Estate Winery 2014 Tannat
- Sixth course: Pineapple layer cake with mango cream frosting, and Stinson Vineyards 2014 Petit Manseng
When: Friday, April 14 at 6 p.m.
Where: White Hall Community Center: 2904 Browns Gap Turnpike, Crozet, Va. 22932
Brasserie Saison kicks off the Taste of Monticello Wine Trail Festival & the Monticello Cup Awards by welcoming Michael Shaps Wineworks and Afton Mountain Vineyards for a special wine dinner.
Chef Tyler Teass is preparing a Virginia-inspired, four-course dinner paired with a wine from each winery, for a total of 8 wines.
Dinner costs $85, excluding tax and gratuity, and seats are limited. Reserve your seat by phone or email.
When: Wednesday, April 12 at 7 p.m.
Where: 111 E. Main Street, Charlottesville, Va. 22902
Fabbioli Cellars Winemaker Dinner at Salamander Resort
(See our coverage of Fabbioli Cellars here.)
When: Friday, April 28 from 6:30 to 10 p.m.
Where: Harrimans Private Dining Room at Salamander Resort & Spa: 500 N Pendleton St, Middleburg, Va. 20117
Missing an April Wine Dinner at a Virginia Winery?
If we’re missing an April wine dinner, please contact us and let us know! We’ll continue to cover monthly wine dinners ongoing.